Urbino where art is the bluest
Mondavio and Pecorino cheese
Arriving in Urbino, the "ideal city" of Duke Federico da Montefeltro and birthplace of Raffaello Sanzio, Alessandra will welcome us in her "bottega del guado" where she will tell us about the history and use of the color blue in the Renaissance. With our guide we will visit a magical place, called the "Sistine Chapel of Le Marche", where we can admire the frescoes of the Salimbeni brothers and the color blue...
Monia will then open her cave in the heart of the city for us to enjoy the delicacies of Montefeltro...truffles, wines and other delights of Le Marche. On the way back to your location, stop in Mondavio and here you will be welcomed by the charm of the marvelous Rocca Roveresca fortress that has remained intact for over 500 years. Right next to it a little gem awaits you, the historic Apollo theater, built in the 18th century on the remains of an ancient abbey and with 99 seats in total. If you walk another ten steps you will reach the grotto made of tufa stone of Claudia, an affineur with a passion for cheese: in her laboratory you will discover how she preserves and refines her pecorino cheeses, leaving them to mature in large terracotta jars, oak barrels and large wooden boxes, capable of enriching the cheese with aromas that make them unique. Visit and final tasting. End of services.
Package price Euro 185,00 per person
The price is valid of 2 partecipants minimum
The package price includes:
- visit at “bottega” with the storytelling about history and use of the blue color of the Renaissance.
- HD (3h) private Italian or English speaking
- Entrance ticket to the frescoes jewel in down-town Urbino
- brunch with Monia/Urbino drinks included (tasting menu, water + 1 glass wine per person)
- Italian/English guided visit at Rocca Roveresca and Teatro Apollo in Mondavio
- entrance ticket Rocca Roveresca e Teatro Apollo/Mondavio
- visit and tasting at pecorino cheese’s grotto/Mondavio
- Assistant/Tour leader staff