The Art of Majolica
Magic of colors at the Castle from Spring to Autumn
The Art of cold-pressed Majolica
Imagine spending half a day with an artisan of Marche region, an expert in the manufacture of majolica, with whom to experience a workshop of cold pottery dedicated to the history of the Castle, remembering ladies, knights, princes ... landscapes and enchanting landscapes, the story of life at the Castle between reality and dream.
- brief introduction to the history and fascination of the Castle and the family
- Historical notes on the decoration and illustration of the different ornamental systems of Renaissance Majolica
- realization of the project with decoration on paper
- carrying out of the drawing through direct or indirect techniques
- painting of the chosen subject on a support/brick of terracotta
- brush decoration
- Use of color and its properties
- duration of the course about 3h
The object you have decorated will be yours! A beautiful memory of your stay at Castello di Monterado.
Every single work will be followed and enhanced with the help of the artisan who will support you.
Package price of the workshop € 112,00 per person from 2 till 4 participants max
Package price of the workshop € 75,00 per person from 5 till 10 participants max
What we include in the proposal:
- materials used for the workshop
- he decorated object, which is given directly to the participant
- rich coffee break to be enjoyed in the middle of the morning or afternoon